government building icon Official government websites use .gov

A .gov website is only available to official government organizations in the United States.

email icon Email addresses now end with henrico.gov

The henrico.us address will continue to function and all requests to ‘.us’ for both web and email will be redirected to the new ‘.gov’ address.

lock icon Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Cedar Hill

Address

4001 Clarendon Road
Henrico, VA

Geo Coordinates

37.572165,-77.362247

Description

Cedar Hill was constructed ca. 1820 and originally stood off Creighton Road near the Hanover County line. During the Civil War, units of Kershaw’s Division of the Army of the Confederate States set up camp at Cedar Hill and built fortifications on the property. Cedar Hill was donated to the Henrico County Historical Society by the St. Paul’s Baptist Church and moved to Meadowview Park by Henrico County Government in 1998. At that time, the house was one of only 10 remaining story and a half frame houses known to exist in Henrico from the early 19th century.

Map

 
Google Translate Icon

Translate