government building icon Official government websites use .gov

A .gov website is only available to official government organizations in the United States.

email icon Email addresses now end with henrico.gov

The henrico.us address will continue to function and all requests to ‘.us’ for both web and email will be redirected to the new ‘.gov’ address.

lock icon Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Wilton House

Address

600 Wilton Farm Road
Henrico, VA 23231

Phone

(798) 683-5459

Geo Coordinates

11800981.02,3687313.07

Description

c. 1753

Built for William Randolph III, the Wilton House stood as a symbol of Randolph, family power for over 100 years. The Georgian-style mansion was the seat of a 2,000 acre plantation, powered by tobacco and enslaved labor. In 1959, mired in the debt of her ancestors, Catherine Randolph sold off the remains of the plantation and dilapidated house. Wilton saw a series of successive owners over the next 73 years. In 1932, after surviving two wars and several bankruptcies, Wilton was dismantled and moved 15 miles upriver where it was reassembled and opened as the Wilton House Museum.

Map

 
Google Translate Icon

Translate