government building icon Official government websites use .gov

A .gov website is only available to official government organizations in the United States.

email icon Email addresses now end with

The address will continue to function and all requests to ‘.us’ for both web and email will be redirected to the new ‘.gov’ address.

lock icon Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


The Construction Division is responsible for a wide range of tasks involving the public rights-of-way and easements. Some of these task include:

  • The management and inspection of Capital Improvement Road and Drainage projects.
  • Maintenance replacement projects.
  • The tree removal program.
  • The permit procedures to work in the right-of-way.
    Permit to Work in County Right-of-Way with Attached Provisions
  • The inspection of road improvements resulting from commercial and residential construction.
  • The inspection of bridges and major drainage structures.
  • The enforcement of ordinances and policies governing the work and use of the public right-of-way.
  • Guidance to pedestrian curb ramp design

Certificate of Occupancy Permit

Public Works reviews all work within the existing right-of-way only. To check on the status of your CO, first check with Building Inspections, if Public Works is holding the CO, you may call Andy Hoffman at (804) 727-8249 for assistance.

Driveway Installation

How do I add a driveway to my property? A letter from the Construction Engineer, giving permission to make cuts in County curb must be obtained by calling Joe Madison (804) 727-8238. Download: curb cut specifications.


Construction Links

Google Translate Icon